Saturday, September 24, 2011

Thoughts on Ring of Honor's debut on TV (no spoilers)

First things first, it's great to have ROH back on TV. I didn't have the opportunity to watch ROH when it was on HDnet.
From a new fan's perspective, ROH truly is wrestling.

Coming from someone who solely has been watching WWE and TNA/Impact Wrestling, I have been amazed at the athleticism and the vast array of wrestling moves.

And to have matches that last longer than 5 minutes...unheard of!

I do have some constructive criticism.

To me, there seemed to be some mic issues. Kevin kelly's in-ring segment, the sound just didn't seem very clear.
Not nit picking, just pointing it out.

I didn't understand why they had to recap the Best in The World tag match twice. That seemed unnecessary to me.
That time could have been better spent on something else.

I didn't mind the pre-taped interviews and comments from the wrestlers. I know they are introducing ROH to new fans and have to provide some history for them.

So I'm hoping they will eventually have more than two matches per show.

This might be sacrilegious to some, but right now (and I know it's early) I wasn't impressed with Nigel's color commentary.

At one point he seemed to be rooting for both WGTT and the KOW.

Like I said, I know it's early, and he is new to announcing, so I'm sure he will grow on me.

Like others have posted on Twitter, it was cool to see a wrestling show on early afternoon (in some markets, anyway).

It brought back memories for me of watching WWF Superstars, and NWA on Saturdays.

It would have been nice for the redesigned ROH website to be up and running on Saturday since they plugged it several times during the show.

I for one am very excited about the talked about Premium section of the site.

I hope wrestling (and not just ROH) fans watched the premiere and wish ROH much success.

I can't wait for next Saturdays show!






No comments:

Post a Comment