Monday, September 19, 2011

Thoughts on Night Of Champions PPV

First off, couldn't be happier that Mark Henry beat Randy Orton to become the World Heavyweight Champion.
Henry had been on a huge roll the last couple of months, destroying everyone in his path.
It would have been very disappointing if he would had come away without the title. His monster run would have been all for naught, and back to the mid-card he would go.

It's nice to see a dominate champion for a change, and I don't mean SuperCena (more on that later.)

Now hopefully they will keep the title on him for awhile, but seeing as how they change title holders like Teddy Long changes his suits, I won't hold my breath.


As happy as I was for Mark Henry, I couldn't be any more disappointed that Alberto Del Rio lost his WWE Title to John Cena.
When Ricardo Rodriguez was ejected from ringside for interfering, I thought to myself how cool it would be for Del Rio to win on his own, like he did against Rey Mysterio.

Del Rio dominated at time during the match, really putting a hurting on Cena, but alas, it was not to be.
SuperCena wins the title...AGAIN.

I fail to see how continually making Cena the champion is helping the company in the long run.
Yes, he is very dedicated and sells a lot of merchandise, but seeing him on top again and again is not good for the sport.

They need to plan for the future and develop some of the younger talent.

Why put the title on Del Rio only to take it away a month later?

And do the titles really mean anything anymore? As often as they change hands they are destroying the heritage of these championships.

The CM Punk/Triple H match delivered as advertised. It was a brutal match, and you could really feel the hatred the two had for each other.

But, we knew Nash would come out and interfere with the match.

I didn't see the Miz and R Truth angle coming though. That was unexpected and will keep me glued.

Where does it go from here though? More matches for HHH and Punk? Punk VS Nash?

I do look forward to this.


I loved the finish in the Cody Rhodes/Dibiase match. Brilliant.
Hope to see more of this feud.


Like I posted after Kelly Kelly and Beth Phoenix's first title match, I have to believe that WWE Creative is just sticking it to the fans, by having Kelly win.

The fans know she is not a wrestler, but no one is going to tell WWE that. Hence having Kelly win both matches.

The Miz and R Truth will undoubtedly win the tag titles, but I didn't see them winning last night.

The fatal-four-way match for the U.S. Title had some good moments.
I really thought Jack Swagger would win, if not, Alex Riley.

Nice swerve there.

Over all, a pretty solid PPV.

The Orton/Henry match was the best of the night for me, and not only because it was nice to see someone (Henry) rewarded for a change.

Can't wait for RAW and Smackdown!


No comments:

Post a Comment